The #CommsCreative Challenge is a free, monthly creative communications task to:
- help you boost your comms creativity
- support and get inspiration from others who are sharing their #CommsCreative work online
I set these challenges because I think we often get bogged down in day-to-day work, and it’s useful to join a club like this that pushes us to try new things.
There will be challenges to get you more creatively writing, drawing, video making, designing and all sort of other things.
Creativity is not just a talent, it’s muscle. We need to exercise it to get stronger
They’re monthly, because we’re all busy, and this is something we can all commit to.
Scroll down the page, and you’ll find links to past tasks to complete at your own pace (or you can pick and choose the stuff that looks good).
Principles of The #CommsCreative challenges:
- The resulting thing doesn’t need to be good, it’s about playing with it. Van Gogh was probably crap the first time he tried painting.
- Taking part is fun, but also a good opportunity to think about things a bit differently.
- Share your efforts! And chat to people who have shared theirs! We’re all going to keep each other motivated and inspired.
Sign up to the Comms Creative Newsletter
If you haven’t already, sign up here to receive the newest #CommsCreative challenge in the monthly email newsletter.
Once you sign up, on the first Monday of the month you’ll be all set to get the latest challenge, as well as inspiration, tips, case studies, and all the good stuff on creative communications and social media.
Share your work
Share your work with the #CommsCreative hashtag, and tag me @HelReynolds too, so I can see your wonderful creations.
Don’t forget to share this page with colleagues and friends who want to try new creative techniques so they can join in too.
1. August 2018 challenge
You’re going to a make a sketchnote, and it doesn’t matter if you can draw or not.
2. September 2018 challenge
Have a cup of tea and write a brilliant blog – the easy way…
3. October 2018 challenge
Think of a problem and try to visualise it. A very useful activity!
4. Christmas 2018 challenge:
Create a calligram. I did a Christmas one, but it can be on any subject.
5. February 2019 challenge
Visualise your comms style. The way you do things is your secret creative sauce – be proud.